There is probably nothing better and simpler than a slider. It is meat, cheese, onions, and bun. Nothing else.
Making sliders is super simple, just follow these instructions.
Makes 6 sliders
18 oz of ground Angus chuck beef
1 larger white or yellow onion, sliced thin
6 slices of American cheese
6 small buns, sliced
- Make 6 patties of each 3 oz. Make them 1/2 inch thick so they fit the bun.
- Heat a iron cast pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot add the oil and the patties.
- Immediately spread all the onion slices on top of the burgers. Cook for 3 minutes for medium.
- Flip the burgers with the onions, so the onions now are between the pan and the burgers. Immediately place a slice of cheese, top bun and bottom bun (yes, in that order) on top of the burgers and cover with a a lid.
- The lid will keep the heat in the pan, melt the cheese and warm the buns.
- Increase the heat to high and add 1/4 of water or beef stock. This will cause a steam bath under the lid and finish everything off.
- Cook the burgers for 2-3 more minutes.
- Take the lid off.
- Take to bottom buns and place on plates. Now take the burgers out with a spatula and place on bottom bun.
Serve right away.