In the world of cheese burgers the Juicy Lucy is probably one of the most famous. The concept of the Juicy Lucy is that the cheese is inside the burger and oozes out at the first bite (and sometimes makes a big mess). This is a burger that you have to make and it is quite easy.
Make 4 burgers
- Form eight 4 oz balls of the meat. It is ok to handle the more than normal since we have to in order to seal the burger with the cheese.
- Flatten them by using plastic wrap and a pan (see pictures).
- Place cheese on the flattened patty (see pictures) and place another patty on top.
- Now seal the sides of the patty by pinching the meat together. Turn it over and continue to seal until the cheese is completely locked inside the burger. If the seal is incomplete you risk a blowout (cheese coming out of the burger while it’s being cooked). That will ruin the burger.
- Cook the burger 3 minutes on each side.
Serve on buns with onion, pickles and condiments and enjoy.